Sunday, February 26, 2012

New Printer!

Happy Saturday! Work this week was extremely exhausting, so I'm glad I have a few days off to catch up on sleep! Here's a quick post before I go to bed.

When I was in grad school, I used a bubblejet printer. While I didn't think much about it initially, I started to notice that I was spending a considerable amount of money replacing my printer cartridges every 2-3 months. Eventually, I stopped using my printer altogether because I realized that 1) the ink was really expensive, 2) the printer wasted color ink every time I turned it off and on (even though I typically only used black ink), and 3) the printer had a mechanism that prevented it from working if either the black or color cartridge was empty. Since then, I've printed documents at work, asked my boyfriend to print things for me, or showed people files on my smartphone.

Today, my boyfriend was browsing FatWallet and found a deal on a Brother Printer. Looking at prices for corresponding ink replacements on Amazon.com, I figured I could probably buy 50 ink cartridges for the price of one black and one color cartridge for my old printer. Hey, even the current price of the printer ($54.99) is cheaper than what I spend replacing ink.

I went ahead and purchased a new printer for myself! As long as it provides semi-decent quality printing I'll be happy. Can't wait to be able to print from home again!

No comments:

Post a Comment