Featured Post

Tips for New Social Work Graduate (MSW) Students

Image
  Happy start of the school year! Perusing social media, I came across a NASW blog article called “Guide for the First Year Social Work Student”. This post provided lots of great information tailored for new undergraduate students interested in studying social work. I wanted to take that NASW post a bit farther and compile a list of tips specific to graduate students pursuing a masters in social work (MSW). In my opinion, graduate school is a completely different experience from undergraduate, so my hope is that these tips will serve to be beneficial. Tips for New Social Work Graduate (MSW) Students -Don’t worry about grades so much When I was in graduate school, one of my professors told a story about a straight A student who committed suicide several years after graduation. His point was that given the people we need to work with, we social workers need to focus less on being perfectionists (as demonstrated by obsessing over grades and test scores) and work on being empathetic and co

Proactiv Skin Purifying Mask

Proactiv

My skin was not in good shape last week. The combination of Amtrak/bus travel, lack of sleep, and new products tested on my face has caused me to break out so badly that I was questioned at the dinner table, despite wearing concealer. It was time of an intervention, even if meant a mask so I could eat my dinner in peace. Going through my Generation Beauty haul, I found a sample of Proactive Skin Purifying Mask.

I've pretty much struggled with acne for as long as I could remember. My childhood consisted of numerous trips to the dermatologist, tubes of various creams smeared on my face, and bottles of antibiotics down my throat. Recently, I've gone as far as having costly, painful, but effective acne extractions to keep the pesky red bumps at bay. Given the cost of acne facials and topical antibiotics (which I must pay in full thanks to my health plan), I've been looking into lower cost over-the-counter options. The Proactiv mask seemed promising because it uses sulfur, an ingredient I've had success with in the past.

Proactiv
Sulfur, also known as the 16th element, has been used since ancient times to treat various skin ailments due to its antibacterial properties. While sulfur usually has a pungent smell I could barely detect it, possibly because I'm desensitized from all the sulfur-based products I've used in the past. In fact, I found this product to have a refreshing, clean scent!

Proactiv
The nice thing about this product is that it can be used as both a mask and an overnight spot treatment. I ended up doing both, and while I didn't wake up with miraculously clear skin, the acne on my face did diminish in size and redness!

Overall, I'd recommend Proactiv's Skin Purifying Mask if you have oily, acne-prone skin. Currently, it's only available as a free gift if you buy a kit on Proactiv's website.  I hope they start selling this product individually as I'd like to add to my weekly skincare routine!

*Disclaimer* I am not affiliated with Proactiv in any way, shape, or form.  I just happened to receive a free mask and felt like sharing a review!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Want To Leave Social Work

Tips for New Social Work Graduate (MSW) Students

A Day in the Life of a Medical Social Worker